View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2020, 13:20   #7
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I think you are looking at this and the other AIDS the wrong way .. you seem to be depending on them which is wrong ..
YOU are the person steering and driving the car at all times, no one or nothing else is ..

The AIDs come in when you are failing in your duty to control the car properly for whatever reason . In normal use a good driver NEVER has the AIDs engage .
It's like City Safety, you drive along and don't brake expecting the AIDs to do it for you and stop you hitting the car in front ? NO of course not , it should be the same with the other AIDs ...
Like many others I suspect, it is turned on but only comes on if changing lanes when there is no need to use the indicators. (When no traffic or pedestrians to indicate for) and not being activated due failing in one's duty.
I am sure "everyone" who has this driver aid turned on has felt it kick in doing this.
Oddly, I tried this the other day deliberately after replying to the OP and it felt like it did when I first got it back to normal.
(after last service)
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Aug 5th, 2020 at 13:45.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post: