View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 21:40   #1
Chrissey

Cool V40 2015 dual exhuast + damper installation

Hi guys (and girls..),
I've been driving a V50 for the last few years and was quite impressed with the build quality etc. So decided to modernize and buy a crashed V40 2.0 D2 as a summer project... well it might be cheaper than a summer holiday..;-) yep you guessed I'm having fun finding scrap parts, (but don't really think the quality has improved..:-( ) Okay enough of that...

Anyone got any experience of replacing a single exhaust pipe with a double tailpipe inc damper? I assume it's no problem to do this as I see 2.0 D2's with double pipes. How do you get the new one in without sawing it? Do you need to loosen the whole wheel/suspension subframe at the rear to get it in? I don't want to saw it in half and re-attach it! Looks like Volvo built the car around the exhaust pipe! Any hints would be appreciated!

Also do you know if you need to do anything with exhaust flow, P etc in the engine management after fitting a rear damper and double pipes?

Thanks and look fwd to hearing from a V40 fiddler! (Limited info available on i.net). Grts Chris
Chrissey is offline   Reply With Quote