View Single Post
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 15:41   #9
redbuta

Glad to see that magic number. A local Q-park multi-story I regularly use has a height limit of 2.18m!

Where did you get this system in the UK?

Indeed excellent alternative to this Volvo offer (dealer hasn't got back in touch since the request form was submitted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deman77 View Post
Momentum here - elevated bars mean you can have lower overall height than those with integrated. So you are in better position.
Look at Yakima whispbar in between the rails bars - they add no height and load rating is still 75kg. It wipes the floor with Thule bars for ease of use since rubber strips are integrated and you do not need to cut them and push them in and buy different length strips for bikes and roof box. Quality is half a notch better too (subjectively from handling) they just don’t have the same marketing machine.
They are considered to be quieter than Thule too.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0VGtec4Xbq28w

Here is mine with the 230/92/43 box. A good inch of that 43 is below roof bars level so it adds 40 from the level of Volvo bar. I measured mine at 213 total on polestar setting of air suspension. So even if you are on steel you would be max at 218. Now this is with tall box. Get smth smaller and you are lower still.