View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2020, 19:26   #11
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Cheers. You should have done Blyton - the circuit suits a standard power MX5 and it's not too hard on the car with only a couple of braking points. The hardest part on the car was the pot holed entrance road to the circuit unless they've repaired it since I was there! I'm probably going to go again in October.

The front legs are a crap design from the factory. Multi layers of steel and they rot from the inside outwards so it's not always obvious. You can get various repair sections which are solid steel with all the fixing points pre fitted so you can chop out the rubbish and weld in the new bits.

When I got mine the nearside one had a small hole in the base and the offside was just starting to bubble so I had them both sorted professionally using repair sections, painful for the wallet but should only have to do it once and the car was cheap to buy originally so it evened out for me.

They are easy to work on and go like a gokart. Watch out on the cam sensor as the mk2 and 2.5 are different (how they fit in the cam cover).

Best of luck with the sale!

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote