View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2020, 18:29   #3
taylorjonestj7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Is it cranking?

The flywheel has some dimples in it for the lh2.4 to read so the flywheel could have been put in the wrong position as there are 8 different positions it could have gone in.

The M90 uses a dual mass flywheel and 240mm clutch.
The M46 and M47 use a solid 'dogdish' flywheel and 228mm clutch. To use the M90 gearbox and solid flywheel they will have had to have fitted something like this

http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=m...ft-adapter-prt

The crank sensor could have been knocked and broken when fitting the engine, does the rev counter flicker at all when cranking?

If they used the N/A clutch it won't hold the power of the turbo engine and if they used the original clutch at all then that is ridiculous as it will probably be half worn if not more!

What are your plans with the car? Mega power or a bit more like and daily?

It’s cracking just not starting . Sounds like it’s about to start but it just doesn’t fire up.
Will be a drift car eventually.

I doubt it was original clutch as it’s on 155k chasis but definitely off the old 2.0 na

What does the crank sensor look like and where do I look ?
I haven’t viewed the rev counter when trying to crank.
It does flicker when the lights are on though Mx thought it may be a fuse or somthing.

As for the gearbox. What would you presume to be on a 91 2.0 na 940 ?
And will The b230fk turbo work with eveyone one with the correct flywheel and clutch etc ?
Thanks for your help
Taylor
taylorjonestj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taylorjonestj7 For This Useful Post: