View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2020, 18:18   #1
ilovesunshine

Default V70 Japanese Import Rubber Trim / Seal Question

Hi All,

New here. I am about to put a deposit down on a very low mileage V70 2007 imported from Japan. I went to see the ones they had in stock yesterday and both the ones I was interested in had perished rubber trims around the windscreen and at the bottom of the windscreen.

Apparently it's a common occurence due to the high temps in Japan. The trim at the side of the windscreen goes all the way along the roof apparently.

I was wondering please can anyone tell me as I am not too technical with cars - what is the purpose of this trim - it's not a water seal is it? So does anyone know of a cosmetic way to make it nice again, or can you get new ones for not too much?

And same question for the bit at the bottom of the windscreen?

I am not sure how to upload photos here it is asking me for a URL link.

The dealer seems decent, with tons of great reviews, and he said he would replace it if he could : "that is fixed to the side strip which goes all the way to the roof and back boot.
In order to replace it we have to find all the straps from ebay or scrap yards. We tried lots of time but we can't in the past. "

Just wanted to see if any experts here had any thoughts before I commit to buying it.

Cheers!
ilovesunshine is offline   Reply With Quote