View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2020, 15:44   #100
Auto Addict

MY 2009 XC60 had the same issue which became much more noticeable at the end of September this year. It's equipped with the original 2009 Genuine Volvo windscreen that the car left the factory with (this is crucial point to get it remedied by Volvo)
Unknown to me, it has been leaking in rain water very slowly & discreetly for quite a while however it became very noticeable during heavy rain downpours with nearside "A" post trim cover developing damp patches as well as some rain water weeping into the front nearside, passenger foot well.
Having "Googled" this issue and found out just how common it is, I called Volvo Cars UK directly on (0800 400430) and before I could even finish the whole sentence about this being a common fault and a "Safety Issue" bla, bla, bla,... the Customer Service lady @ Volvo UK simply said ... don't worry Sir... we are aware of this and I'll forward an email request to your local Volvo dealer so they can get in touch with you and organise a windscreen re-seal FOC. Within a week or so my local Volvo dealer organised a 3rd part Windscreen repairer company to do the work. It took couple of hour, all very professional and I now have a fully water tight windscreen.
According to the windscreen fitter this is a very common problem on a number of Volvos from the FORD ownership area (around the 2008-2012) including the C30, XC60 & XC70 and it's always the top of the windscreen that unsticks itself from the body shell all along the top edge. Apparently a lot of modern Range Rovers suffer from a similar issue as well.
I hope my experience helps other to get this issue sorted FOC and I must say... credit where credit is due... big "Thank You" to Volvo Cars UK Custome Service for taking care of this without any unnecessary drama.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1986.jpg (175.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4820 2.jpg (103.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4823.jpg (108.5 KB, 40 views)
2018 VW Golf R DSG
Auto Addict is offline   Reply With Quote