View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 11:45   #12
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Hmmmm, secondhand glow plugs come into the same category as secondhand Lambda sensors, you're lucky if they work more than a dog-watch!

For the cost, a new set is worth investing in :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x-Diesel...1/153589808027

That's the full set of 5 as well. At that price i'd fit a set as preventive maintenance every 2-4 years depending on how many cold starts it had. Also it would eliminate preheating as the potential cause of your bad starting.
Yeah, yeah, I hear ya, I was assured they were bought by mistake and the time had lapsed for a return, and they did have their original Bosch boxes too, so I was convinced, so easy I know lol perhaps gullible is the operative word here....

Thanks, I will have to double-check those cause when I did buy a new set for mine off eBay prior, they were the wrong size, the thread was in the wrong place so the tip didn't go down far enough, they only screwed in about 2.5 turns at the most lol

I think it does boil down to 2 slight issues causing a worse one, 2nd user plugs and injector, luckily (if i can find it) i kept my original injector so I can send it off for a refurb, hopefully, it's not over expensive, although it should be cheaper than an actual returned one off of ebay, they are about £100 + £100 refundable on an exchange of your old one, I don't like that idea at all, £200 OOP right off the bat
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post: