View Single Post
Old Dec 16th, 2020, 12:45   #56
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
A lot of the time Mark, if you remove the bulbholder, tease the finger contacts out away from the holder a bit and clean them, clean the tracks rounf the hole for the bulb holder and refit giving it a few back and forth turns as far as you can, that usually solves it.

Sometimes you have to pull the bulb out of the holder and refit it to clean the contacts on that, there are some links that might need soldering, going to have to look at mine soon as i've got 2 large and one small out on my cluster. Kind of annoying as they're LEDs and it's a pig of a job getting the cluster out and back in again.

Keep thinking about compltely stripping the clust and fitting some reflection inside it and adding some LED strips inside as extra light and loading on the dimmer although i can get mine pretty dim anyway.

Might do a few photos when i sort the immediate lighting problem in the cluster but that's a few days away at least.
Removed the bulb and teased the contacts. Replaced the bulb for a known working bulb and it still goes on and off when it likes. Sometimes when it's really cold it comes on when first starting in the morning and goes out half way to work. Other times it comes on when the car is hot when I'm nearly home ????? Very odd
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post: