Thread: Still acting up
View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2007, 00:03   #1
ahal
Master Member

Angry Still acting up

Hi all,

Feel like I should be paying some of the people on this forum at this stage lol. Today I 'borrowed' the neighbour's drive ( flat, unlike ours ) to change the coolant in my dad's 440 ( '94 ). Ended up taking the radiator out and giving it a good go of the garden hose in both pipes.

Put it all back together again, having failed to access the drain plug down by the exhaust manifold ( wanted to flush the system entirely ). Filled in new cooland, and it a bit to get the temp up ( and air out ) and after a very short time it started a hiss / screech from the area of the cylinder head. Seemed to be coming from the injector area of the head.

In tandem with this, it began revving up and down in an on / off pattern. Decided to check the oil, and it was about half way between the bottom of the dipstick and the first notch. Alarmed, I filled it up with oil. The engine wasn't incredibly hot when I topped it up.

When I checked the oil another few times it was only sticking to half the width of the stick. Seemed strange. As per my previous post, the car overheated due to dickie mechanic bypassing the thermo. in the first place with a swich ( which, as predicted, himself forgot to switch on one day ... )

Personal hunch is the engine's had it ... car ran fine before overheating. If anyone can read any different into this I'd really appreciate opinions as always!

Many thanks,

Anthony.
ahal is offline   Reply With Quote