Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 14:51   #192
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Thanks Alan, saved in my Watch List for now.

It appears the battery is interchangeable with Makita batteries which might be useful for some. Would be intersted in knowing how to alter the torque setting on it, the listing says it's adjustable but i don't see any facility for it.
The cordless impact wrench arrived in the mail today Dave. It comes in a nice box with the battery, charger and a few sockets in common metric car wheel nut sizes:

... it was slightly disappointing that the battery could not be left fitted for stowage in the box, but there again that is probably a good solution for safety. The battery probably took an hour or so for its first charge.

It is quite light and easy to handle.

The booklet claims it produces a maximum torque of 520 N.m- I somehow doubt that, just from its weight and construction. I did try it out on my Skoda Superb's wheel nuts, which had been done up (by me) to 120 N.m and after a bit of hammering away (about 5 seconds I should think) it did undo the nut:

The torque output isn't adjustable as such - but the harder one pushes the trigger the more impacts there will be.

If I'd been a professional mechanic I would not have bought this item - I'd have bought a DeWalt at £330 - but I'm not and so I think for £42 this is a pretty handy addition to my home mechanic's workshop. This will be really useful for undoing difficult nuts - but would always use a torque wrench to tightening.

Last edited by Othen; Jan 11th, 2021 at 14:53. Reason: Spelling error.
Othen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: