Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 17:51   #194
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Thanks for an honest review on that Alan, also the explanation of the torque "adjustment" by varying the input power via the trigger.

I will keep it in my Watch List but might also look round for something similar, won't be a B&D aka De Walt at that price!
If you wanted a serious workshop impact wrench it would not be this one, or any of the similarly priced Chinese ones. If you want something that is good for wheel nuts and getting most troublesome nuts undone I think this would be fine - I would not want to guarantee it would undo (say) the hub nut on a FWD half-shaft (it might, I have not tried).

If you do want something that will remove hub nuts, crank bolts and the like I don't think any of the mainstream (DeWalt, Makita etc) 12v tools will do either. They mostly cost in the £120-£200 range, but only produce about the same torque as this Chinese one (although they will have more features like an adjustable torque chuck). In that case you need a 18v to 36v tool - I have not seen those under £300 (with a battery and charger - unless you already have those from a drill or whatever).

You pays your money, and you takes your pick - I did think of buying a 18v DeWalt, a mechanic mate of mine has one and it is excellent, but I just couldn't imagine I'd have used it enough to make a purchase worthwhile (it is about £330).

Just my thoughts Dave. I'm quite pleased with the Chinese tool that arrived today, I'll probably use it at least once or twice a month, and will save enough time and skinned knuckles to pay for itself pretty soon, but then it was only £42.