View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 13:20   #3
VolvoRob38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The glow plugs should only be used for cold starting, not for running. As such if you have a performance problem, there's something else not right somewhere.

Do you have a cold start problem? If so, investigate the glow plugs individually but double-check what voltage they operate on, for some strange reason cars after 2000 (in general) have some strange voltage glow plugs so don't use full battery voltage until you know they can take it.

First port of call with any fault is to read the codes (which you've done), clear them and then drive it and check the codes again. You can never know if it's a historical code that has suddenly caused you a problem.
Thanks Dave,

I tried clearing the codes and going for a drive. The only code to persist was this EMC 6620 Glow relay module - faulty signal.

I recently learnt that the glow plugs are activated by opening of the drivers door to pre heat the engine. Looking at the hidden menu on the dash I have DDM DTC SET (Driver Door Module), and was wondering if this could be link. This has been on their many months now, I thought it was related to driver door airbag or something.

The reduced engine performance msg does come up when I start the engine, or when I turn the key to position ll, but not sure if that is coming up because I haven't cleared it yet from the first time it popped up, which was driving a little aggressively around a roundabout.
VolvoRob38 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VolvoRob38 For This Useful Post: