View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 19:54   #28
ITSv40
VOC Member

When I bought my C70 four years ago, I purchased a pattern brace from parts for volvo's - they had a batch of 50 made and I purchased the last one of the batch. I think it cost about £110.

It is a very good copy, but not the same as an original Volvo one - the bar is larger diameter and consequently the fusebox bracket had to be slightly modified to fit. The attachment shows the pattern brace and the fuse box not sitting 'quite right'.

Earlier in the year I had the opportunity to purchase a genuine brace for £50 all in and decided it would be good to have a genuine brace as the rest of the car is as standard factory spec. The Volvo brace is smaller diameter tube and has the Made in Sweden sticker underneath the nearside bracket, the font is in 'Volvo' blue. The two bolts and nuts at the end of the tube are a special matt grey finish that looks like dull zinc and the nuts are flanged - I'm sure there is a technical name for the finish. The pattern brace had cadmium plated bolts and nuts.

The Volvo brace fitted perfectly allowing the fuse box to be returned to its original position and now looks correct. The pattern was then sold on ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20180417_006.jpg (204.3 KB, 11 views)
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote