Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:18   #666
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
While generally trawling the bay to see what was on there, i spotted this Alan and thought about that £11k burning a PV544 shaped hole in your pocket. This is slightly newer and overall looks in nicer condition and they'll even deliver it to you :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164840511946

Four speed + overdrive box (M41 if memory serves) and i can't remember if you could use OD on 3rd as well as 4th, if so that would give 6 forward speeds, if not then it's still 5 forward speeds. All powered by a B18B twin carb engine which i think was about 110-115bhp (dredging the memory cell now, might be adrift on that) and probably retro-cool enough for your lad without be a John Virgo waistcoat! (aka a "No dad!")

Handlebars on the correct side which is a bonus too!
What a nice car Dave - it is such a pity about the glass sunroof - the 1980s were a strange time fashion wise :-)

PS. Perhaps I was being a bit hasty about that PV544 whim - I did like the look of the car, but I've never even seen one up close, never mind driven one. The chaps in the PV section of the forum were incredibly helpful, and I'm still thinking about a 544, but I should do some research first.

PPS. I think an Amazon would receive an equally unfavourable reception from Dan - he wants me to buy a McLaren 570.

Last edited by Othen; May 3rd, 2021 at 06:28.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: