View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2021, 20:35   #8
Exasperant

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
If you are looking for economy, your own input can have a significant effect. Long runs with few cold starts help tremendously. My 944 returned well over 30 MPG on a 75 mile commute with just the two cold starts daily. Avoiding harsh braking and using gentle acceleration wherever possible, removing roof racks when not required and not carrying excess weight around (the 945 makes this very easy(!)) will all help.
"Well over 30mpg" on a run would be reassuring, I was starting to gather I'd be lucky to make it out the high 20s.

I'm cursed with living in what seems to be one of the least "cruising speed" roads areas of the country, although my other car averages 33mpg despite my fondness for edging past the red line. So I can/ will still use that for short journeys anyway.

Economy or lack of it isn't going to keep me awake at night, I went for a 940 for comfort and the odd times I need a boot that can hold more than two bags of shopping. It's just one of those "Nice to improve if I can" things.
Exasperant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exasperant For This Useful Post: