Thread: S60 Brakes: - That went well!
View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2007, 12:18   #1
D5 Monkey
Gone and forgotten

Default That went well!

Front disk came off fine, then when I got the new one out of the box I spotted my school boy error, yes I'd bought the wrong size -I got the 305mm as I have 17" wheels but no, I should have measured a bit more carefully (rather than waving a measure in front of the wheels and saying "yeah that's near enough!") and got the correct 285mm disks

Not one to fall at the first hurdle, I thought I'd get on with the rears as they can't be the wrong size! Jacked it up and the first thing I noticed was a screw head sitting nicely in the rubber of my nearly new tyre , never mind, will worry about this tomorrow when the tyre shop is open.

Carried on until I found that no amount of banging will release the disk from the handbrake shoes, it is loose but just wont come off, any tips?

Shortly after trapping my finger between the disk and back plate the heavens then opened and I withdrew defeated to the kitchen for a cuppa only to find there was no milk left!

So back to bed it is! Note to self; next time you say you're never doing any car DIY again, LISTEN!!!

If anyone needs some new 305mm disks and pads PM me, will be able to do a good deal especially if you can get to York or Leeds to pick up. (won't be giving them away though as I can still get a refund!)

My Photos on Flickr
D5 Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote