View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 11:48   #7
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by natmargetts View Post
Morning both-

Bob:

Yes- one of the teeth had broken off- its the classic problem with resetting the odometer while moving I think- this was a blight of the previous owner though. I tried one of the £10 kits off ebay but the gear was too small (diameter, the teeth count was correct). Had to buy one from Germany for £25!!

I wouldn't even know where to begin with this!!

Mr Scooby:

Aye

Nay

Agreed. I have redone the connection to the diff sensor in the past and have checked it recently using an Arduino while driving the car so I know that it is fine.

The symptom of me smacking the dashboard which causes it to come back to life suggets that it is something in the cluster / board itself regarding the signal - but it is hard to isolate when the problem is intermittent- I've tried my best to check as many of the blue plastic traces as possible for continuity and all seem fine! Losing my mind!
Losing your mind? Welcome to full-fledged Volvo ownership!

Joking aside, where did you insert the Arduino i the circuit? Was it across S (signal) and earth (0V) on the speedo connectors?

Also try cleaning all the copper strips on the back of the cluster and the "fingers" in the multiplugs that contact them. Also use a thin screwdriver or similar behind the curve of the contacts in the plugs to "stretch" the curve out to increase the tension on the contacts and hence the pressure of the plug contacts against the strips on the PCB which usually solves a lot of problems.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: