View Single Post
Old Jul 28th, 2021, 00:14   #47
RdX

Hi there

Just recently got my hands on a ****box D419T3 which is a daily. Got me real excited before hand making a bit less torque than D525T2 and making the same torque at 1300 rpm as 1.9tdi 66kW, as at 1350 rpm it should have around +200Nm and full 265Nm from 1700 or 1900rpm (I forgot this bit). But once the car was bought, I found out that the torque curve from Renault is far off from the one in Volvo (or something is pretty much clogged up). The car pulls nicely from 1700rpms but tends to run poorly below 1400 (to the point my mother continuosly stalling the engine when starting, she's used to golf mk3 1.9tdi and V70 2.5d).

My question is what can I do to improve torque from 1100-1700 rpm as it's much more suited for application and what could potentially be bad with it for not being torquey before 1700? My guess is that the car is fully stock at this point (not considering the rust heaps on the car and all the things not yet working correctly like power mirrors, windshield washers etc.) and I would like to keep it as stock as possible (with the mentioned things running normally)... somehow I got to an idea in making a voltage splitter for MAF and offsetting it by -.1 to -.3V but I'm only interested in bottom end torque and don't want to blow the turbine with "welding the wastegate" and top end power is really not an interest of mine (I like D13K series and would like to have torque curve like D13K500TC on a car, just with 10x less torque 😅 and having 200Nm from 1050-1150rpm) and accompanying fuel efficiency.

Sorry for the long post and I do apologise by all the stupidity of my question 😅😂😂
RdX is offline   Reply With Quote