View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2021, 12:49   #9
Beadybc

Sorry for not replying sooner everyone you've reminded me of things that I forgot to mention.

-I have checked the distributor cap and rotor arm. There wasn't any damp or corrosion and no pitting just a small amount of white residue on the contact points. Both were replaced along with the plugs and leads probably not too long ago in terms of mileage, I say 'probably' because the mileage stopped going up around 5-6 years ago however that full service was a whole 11 years ago now.

-I picked the car up in November of last year, before that It had been sitting for at least a year. The previous owner had a mechanic out in January 2019 attempting to fix it but to no avail. In my ownership it has never run correctly.

-The fuel gauge doesn't work but I know it has a full tank cause the fuel reached the filler cap.

-I have checked the gap on all plugs and set them all to within spec, they were quite sooted.

-I will check the rubber sock and ignition ECU.

-The manual states that the B200E doesn't have K-Jetronic, it states "CI-Injection" but if you say that it is K-Jetronic then that's useful as I haven't been following other forums' advice for K-Jetronic engines out of fear that it would cause more damage. How/Where would I check to see if it has a Lambda sensor, I can't see any sensors going into the exhaust if that's it?. It has two converters on the exhaust and no Lambda-Sond badge anywhere on the car.

-The air filter looks almost new and is clean.

-By 'adjusting the timing' I meant just turning the distributor cap whilst it was running.

-Adding things to the fuel was the next thing on the list to try so If everything else is ok then I give it a go, when you say add the contents of the methylated spirit, I'm assuming you mean the 500ml bottle not the 2L one?

-Where is the PCV on this engine?

I have attached the photos again this time I've added / rearranged photos of the exhaust system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VOLVO 740.pdf (1.74 MB, 11 views)

Last edited by Beadybc; Aug 20th, 2021 at 12:56.
Beadybc is offline   Reply With Quote