View Single Post
Old Aug 21st, 2021, 00:18   #4
TheStallyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS80 View Post
Not sure about the emissions but the outstanding recall could be for the seatbelt mount replacement…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderross94 View Post
It's probably the recall for the front seat belt fastenings many volvo models from 2007 to 2018 were affected I still need to have mine done for my S80 and V70, as for emissions I think volvo were actually quite truthful in comparison to the likes of volkswagen, not bashing them as I had a 2012 passat 2.0tdi that was affected before I got into volvos and was a great car and the recall was done swiftly, only downside was the car did noticeably more dpf regens after the software was updated.
Thank you. I don't know much about the Volvo allegations to be honest. I'm guessing the dealer won't sell the car until the recall is done... according to this article they could get into big trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Dealer Magazine
The General Product Safety Regulations 2005 say that dealers must get cars with outstanding recalls fixed before selling a vehicle to a consumer. DVSA chief executive Gareth Llewellyn said: 'It's an offence for a motor dealer to sell a car with an outstanding vehicle safety recall.'
TheStallyMan is offline   Reply With Quote