View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 17:59   #23
Beadybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The arrow is an alignment mark that lines up with a point on the fuel distributor, can't quite remember where but by the time you've looked for it to check the alignment you'll be almost as quick looking for it and realigning it.
You'll find the sock (for want of a better word) will fit easiest at that point between the throttle body and fuel distributor.

Might be worth removing the sock and thoroughly inspecting it for perishing, cracks, splits etc, identifying the corresponding mark on the fuel distributor for the arrow and when you refit it, smear a little silicone grease around the inside of each end to help it slip into position properly. Also check the resiliant mounts for the fuel distributor haven't failed and are allowing it to hang on the sock which could be causing problems.

Silly question - have you checked the inlet manifold to head bolts/nuts are all done up properly?
Funny you should mention the fuel distributor mounts. As I was placing the sock back on I noticed that whilst it was flush on the bottom, it was not flush at the top, whilst trying to find the reason why I lifted up the fuel distribution unit from underneath and found that there was a lot of play. Turns out the front mount is completely shot and wasn't actually making contact with the unit at all which explains why the top of the sock was lowering after running, the hose that runs to the bottom of the Air Auxiliary Valve was doing the same thing.

I can find replacement mounts but the part of the mount attached to the unit itself looks worn down as well, can I replace that side as well or would I have to get an entirely new unit?

Bolts around the manifold are tight, checked with DW40 whilst it's running and there was no change in rpm.

As usual I've attached photos.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuel Distribution Unit Mount.pdf (965.4 KB, 10 views)
Beadybc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beadybc For This Useful Post: