View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2021, 20:06   #28
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Meadows View Post
Yes:~
Used the superglue on the same bobbins for a '88 240- it works well on rubber items to include "O" rings I use these as outer seals on classic lamps- not for engineering applications though.

The Polyurethane has also been used on the large rubber bump stops for the same car-broken away from the chassis fixing bracket, submitted a brief write up some time back.
If the surface looks contaminated I normally clean it with panel degreaser first.

I've seen these bobbins for sale somewhere or very similar- Rimmer Bros from memory?
Regards Bob.
Be careful with the ones from Rimmers, chances are they're for the classic Mini and similar and will be 5/16UNF instead of (if memort serves) M8 threads. They can easily be found on fleabay very cheaply.

You need to know the original body diameter and depth and thread size but once you do, it's easy enough to find them on fleabay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...bin+m8&_sop=15

Just to give an idea ^^^^^

For some unknown reason they are now coming up as exhaust bobbins (the most common use i suppose) rather than resilient mounts.

Maybe i've been unlucky with my efforts to repair them, that said i've done nothing different to you so not sure why there was a problem on mine but not yours. Superglue is a bona fide way of joining "O" ring cord to make custom "O" rings, even for engineering use.

PS - which polyurethane adhesive/sealant do you use?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote