View Single Post
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 20:19   #13
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltec View Post
What a load of nonsense. A brake adjuster on the shoes is not the reason for a cable to break. If it breaks its done but it wasn't down to an adjuster being fitted.
And doesn't mean you skipped on maintenance.
Adding an adjuster just makes sense like 99% of other vehicles.
Good luck to any inspector in court trying to prove that because an adjuster kit was fitted was that she wasn't maintained properly.
I see handbrake cables break all the time on brake testers. Even on well maintained cars expected to pass.
If the handbrake cable on an xc90 doesn't brake on its mot trying to scrape 16% with it pushed to the very limit then it won't break during normal use.
You are scare mongering.
Xc90s are now a fair age. How many people do you know of has been prosecuted for adding adjusters rendering a vehicle dangerous.

But the cable about to break is your reason for bodging it with a non standard part rather than getting it repaired properly ... ..👍

Not having a go at you personally , its the widespread incorrect information spoken on Internet forums which is the problem.

Remember a XC90 parking brake is quite capable of holding on a hill on the 2nd or 3rd click when everything is standard and working properly .