View Single Post
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 10:48   #114
Juular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Meadows View Post
Regarding windscreen replacement:~
These are available through screen replacement companies (Pilkington also make then) I may have mentioned this before but I have a post relating.

Well done on keeping another 240 car on the road- all that welding & finishing takes application & dedication to do it properly.
Could you let us know the suppliers you used for repair panels i.e. sills and other, plus the quality/fit you have experienced.

Good luck with the Amazon (I nearly bought one prior to the 240)
Regards Bob.
Thanks. I will keep ringing around, but there seems to be a sudden drought of screens, at least locally. I also notice they have disappeared from places like eBay, whereas back in March I was able to find one quite easily.

I only bought two repair panels for this car, a passenger rear sill section and a full outer offside sill, both by Klokkerholm. The rest of the sections I made myself as they were very simple bends. Interestingly the full sill was the same price as the small repair section, in retrospect I'd have replaced both full sides.

The fit on the small rear section was 'just OK'. I had to bend the lower section quite a lot to get it to fit the existing profile. Also, it didn't extend up to the door frame area so if that section is rusty, you'd have to fabricate a part to fill it. The final fit and finish resulted in an invisible repair so I'm happy with it.

The full sill is similar. It doesn't have to fit in with any existing panels except the B pillar which makes things easier, however I felt during fitment it was a little short height-wise and the inner sill lower flange extends beyond the replacement outer. It's not a big problem.
Juular is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post: