Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj - Purge check valve needed
View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2021, 13:37   #21
Luxobarge
Premier Member

OK, so had another fiddle this morning, I checked that all the vacuum lines from the TCV are going to the right place, and they are, so that's all good.

I then removed the main air pipe near the throttle body and checked it for damage - there was none, it looked in good nick.

I then located the second purge check valve and removed it - handy, as it's under the intake pipe that I removed above. This one worked fine, would only pass air in one direction as it should, so I decided to re-use it. Some of the purge system hosing going to it was pretty crusty, so I replaced that with nice new stuff and re-assembled it all.

I did notice a small vac line going from the inlet manifold to the TRV was pretty crusty too, I think it's 5mm and I haven't got any, so when I do I'll replace that too, although I don't think it's actually causing a problem at the moment.

Haven't driven it yet, but I'm quite sure there will be no difference. I think my next step will be to fit the boost gauge when it arrives so I can see exactly what's going on, and measure the magnitude of the problem (if any).

Thanks again for all contributions to this thread. Cheers