Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2021, 06:10   #1270
dan 244
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
£10,101 now, and still 6 days of the auction to go!

It is quite possible of course that this is all genuine: that there are 2 or 3 bidders going at it hammer and tongs with still nearly a week to go, that auction fever has taken hold, that we will see a record price for this motor car...

... the other option is the seller made up the bit about a deposit already being taken (that part is rather irrefutable) and has a two of three shill bidding accounts giving us a spectacular auction.

All will become clear soon after the end of the auction if we see the motor car for sale again.

:-)
Well, what I know about it….. it went on Saturday morning, I messaged the guy who said call him. I asked some questions about the usual rusty bits. He said there is some surface rust on the rear arches that it’s booked in to have done this week, I asked for pictures as it is, his reply was the reserve is 10k, it will sell by the end of the weekend, but if it’s still around the end of the week, give him a call and he will send some pics. So not sure why on a car of £10k you wouldn’t be prepared to send a few detailed pics! I did explain their was a good distance between us and if I liked the pics I would go and look.

My thinking was I would probably pay 7k for a very genuine car with that sort of credentials. And didn’t expect it to go that mad. I though it would get to 5k and sit for a while until some last minute bidding.

So the fact he wouldn’t send any detailed pics suggested to me there was possibly a bit more bodywork than he was letting on, the end of the week pictures would see that done. So I though we’ll if he is not going to send pics, I would ask about the presence of spot welds around the rear arches, trying to find out if it seemed original and he wouldn’t confirm that either, just kept saying well it will be sold by the end of tomorrow! So something strange about the whole thing, and the way the bidding has just continued is strange, you normally get a few early bids to a low level a dip with the odd bid in the middle unit a last couple of hours spike. So if this is to have a last couple of hours spike, it’s going to be 20k !

Definitely think we need the ghostbusters as their is something strange in the neighbourhood!

Last edited by dan 244; Nov 4th, 2021 at 06:13.
dan 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dan 244 For This Useful Post: