View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 23:57   #73
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
Fair enough but IMHO nothings ever black & white when it comes to vehicle technology despite peoples habit of pigeon holing it for convenience sake and as Matt said it’s not good posting info quoted off the internet or stuff you think is right if you don’t know it’s actually factually based and up to date, this is just miss-information and causes confusion. By the way including bioethenol it’s 5% and for what it's worth it’s not the only anti-knock additive which affects the cylinder flame path timing.

But if you’re happy recommending that people pay more for fuels their particular engine may not need then so be it

Cheers
I posted the links and referred to them so that everyone can have a read and make their own minds up. There are tons of info with real tests done and it can be cross referenced anytime if one thinks its now accurate. I don't tell anyone they are right or wrong because I know it all. Far from it, I like to be fair and discuss. Let the individual make up their minds.

Thanks for reminding me about the percent mix. Saved me the trouble of looking up my bookmarks. (Lazy to do it) I knew it was a small amount. Wonder what happens when they put more though. Hmm..!

Anyway, my point on using higher RON is (a) my car is modified and (b) I want to give it good fuel. If someone is driving a 1.6i car and hardly goes beyond 4000revs, i would hardly say use 99RON. Judging from another member here, 91RON will do just fine.

Cheers.
pigapumbu is offline   Reply With Quote