Thread: Amazon: - New (to me) 1963 Volvo 122
View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2022, 18:08   #43
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbalfour View Post
Nice idea, certainly better than my computer speakers under the seats! More recently I have used one of these sat on top of the dash which also handily does the hands-free for the phone:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Sound...73&sr=8-3&th=1

That single speaker came out of the chromed grille that I fitted to the rear parcel shelf. There is a knockout in the body which is still in place - all I wanted was something smart to hold the (warped) plywood backing of the parcel shelf in place, so didn't drill the knockout to fit the speaker itself.
Ah yes, we have an Anker speaker for around the house and garden - it is very good. I really wanted something that would power up on the motor car's accessory circuit - hence thinking the cigar lighter would be ideal (I have not checked yet but I assume it is only live with the ignition turned on).

I think you had mentioned about the mono speaker fitting in the chromed grille at the back, but it seems to fit the parcel shelf grille very well, and that makes the wiring even easier.

I think it should work, and will be an invisible solution. There is lots of spare room under the dash, so I was thinking of mounting a drop down cell phone cradle and a discrete USB charging point as well.

The Amazon is a gem.

Alan