View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2022, 22:29   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadorP View Post
Thx Dave.

When i plugged the holes with putty both me and my partner noticed it was vibrating less. But the putty didn't hold at all. Vibration is back but could be coincidence.

I'll do exhaust in the near future. Bit scared of not being able to undo the nuts. They look pretty stuck.

Do you think it is worth disassembling distributor cap and cleaning it? Never did it in this car.

Cheers
Salvador
You've answered your own question there Salvador. Spray the nuts/bolts on the exhaust with penetrating oil daily before using the car and when you come to try and undo the various fasteners, get the engine nice and hot (wear gloves so you don't brn your hands) and use 6-sided sockets, not open-end spanners or 12-sided sockets.
Also sometimes trying to tighten while hot can help release the threads as long as immediately after trying to tighten you loosen.

The dizzy cap is probably worth doing too but do the exhaust first as you won't know if there's any improvement with the exhaust leaking like a sieve!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: