View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2022, 13:44   #24
SalvadorP
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
If it seems worse in the damp suspect HT Plug leads, what happens when you drive the car is it still jerky or does it drive fairly normally? , Clean the distributor cap by all means , but make sure it is a volvo Bosch one , those Bosch you buy elsewhere are inferior and some previous owner could have fitted one . what does the inside of the distributor look like? can you see any signs or arcing ? ( black zig zag lines near the terminals inside the cap . what kind of finish is inside the cap ? Is it shiny Lacquer or matt brown ?
The exhaust leaking from where you say wont affect the running at all . I suspect an Air leak , have any Air hoses cracked on the Inlet manifold ?
Previous owner always brought the car to Volvo and i have a maintenance sheet. I can check when it was changed last time but I'm sure it's an original Volvo part.
Car does it cold or hot. Vibrates at idle with a small misfire and idles at about 850/950. Then it stops and vibrates again at 1500.
I'm yet to open the distributor. Want to do it today but my knee is acting up, not sure if I'm gonna be able to. Will take pictures.
I can't find any air leaks, that was my first suspicion. My i should change the hoses that looks holder, but non looks cracked though. Some on the intake look like the rubber on the outside is starting to crumble, but no enough to leak.

Last edited by SalvadorP; Feb 17th, 2022 at 13:59.
SalvadorP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SalvadorP For This Useful Post: