Thread: New V60 owner
View Single Post
Old Mar 5th, 2022, 18:52   #1
Bantamdave21

Default New V60 owner

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hi and also ask some stuff.

So hi everyone. Historically I’ve been a ford man since my early teens but more recently have had an XC90 as a company car for almost 3 years. So now having given up the company car decided a volvo was for me, it was either a slightly newer Ford based on budget or a 61 plate V60 lux sportswagon.

So onto the questions….is there a preferred or recommended diagnostic interface? I have some OBD leads and a few code readers (my sykes acr4 wont be any good I’m assuming lol) but with fords over the years i found OBD had its limitations and had to get more dedicated software and interfaces. Is this similar with Volvos or is it dealer only?

Anyway nightmare day!! Car been delivered- took it for a spin and with a mile lost steering, then crazy things happening on dash- ABS and airbag alerts then low voltage or may have said low battery….then eventually started to die almost as if there is a low pressure pumpmthat supplies the engine and was literally behaving like it was running out of fuel then stopped all in the sapce of a few hundred yards. Then wouldn’t start in flat battery style. Had to find someone to jump me off and started immediately then dies within a minute, longer jump the further i got. So seems to be alternator as the battery 1, seems new and 2, seemed to be holding the charge from the jump vehicle. Are all the things i had going off with the dash usual for what these cars do when alternator effectively isn’t charging?

61, V60 diesel (drive model)

Thanks guys - wish me luck….
Bantamdave21 is offline   Reply With Quote