Thread: New V60 owner
View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2022, 16:05   #9
Bantamdave21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian B View Post
XC60 2012 D5
Firstly I am not a mechanic/technician.
I did have a lot of spurious display readouts on the clocks and stop/start intermittent. I was told it could be the battery not being fully charged so I bought an intelligent charger which helped a lot by plugging it in every 2 weeks. Eventually I got a red warning saying charging system requires a service. Turned out the alternator was shot. The readings where 12.1v fully charged which dropped when car was started! Exchange alternator was £110 with a years warranty. It was from Rotating solutions in Portsmouth. Easy to deal with but it took 3 days to arrive. It was a reconditioned Bosch unit , 180amp. Tight to fit but not rocket science. See you tube etc. When fitted. Battery charged to 12.9v and up to14.9 v when engine running! Just a word of warning get all codes wiped when alternator changed. Up to now no need to charge battery and stop start works fine.
Far less spurious messages but " window sensors blocked" message does pop up now and again🙄but does go off to on its own!
Hiya

It seems I can’t reply to your PM. Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately I thought mine was 150a based on the info I could find. When I removed old unit found it was 180a. It’s got the 150 fitted with no faults or errors so far. I’ve got the Volvo Vida set up (worth knowing given you’re local) wiped everything and all is well although volts seem stable in the mid 13’s which I found odd and expected more like 14 but it’s doing ok.

If you don’t have it and ever need Vida let me know. Still figuring out just how much it can do

Yes it was fiddly but I’ve done worse - timing belts on mk2 mondeo diesels with air con spring to mind. Awfully fiddly job when I was but a lad.
Bantamdave21 is offline   Reply With Quote