View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2022, 13:11   #1
Zekic

Default CEM relay problem - radio not working

Hello fellas,

I've got a fairly uncommon problem with my 2007 XC70. The radio, front 12V sockets, RTI and back parking sensors aren't working. All the fuses are ok and light up upon check up. The only thing that works is radio CD changer.

I was convinced that radio is the problem so I bought a new (used) one, replaced it, but the problem unfortunately persists, so this excludes radio problems (except if both radios are malfunctioning which seems unlikely). I did some more digging and decided to remove the CEM to check upon the relay that supplies power to these instruments. I am now convinced that the relay is the main culprit since coil resistance is vastly below the specs. There is another identical relay next to this one and its resistance is within specs.

The two problems now are:
  • that this relay (Tyco V23134-J0052-X455) LINK is soldered unto the board
  • its not readily available and is no longer being made

I am not too good with electronics so I would like to know if someone can give me some guidance so I can find the right part. I found a seemingly similar relay HERE but it does have 90 ohms resistance as opposed to 70 ohms on the original one. I am convinced that this won't be a problem but I would like some confirmation. The original also has a 470 ohm 1/2 watt resistor installed parallel to the coils. Is it necessary to solder this resistor on the new relay if it's not on it already?

Thank you for all the help!
Zekic is offline   Reply With Quote