Thread: Amazon: - Ride height
View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 21:30   #14
Rustinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Something doesn't quite make sense here. The OP says his motor car is sitting 100mm (4") lower than standard, but according to Derek UK that would mean the front cross member is stet 3" from the ground. Unless the OP has some very small wheels or very low profile tyres that surely cannot be the case. 3" ground clearance would be very ZZ Top - and probably wouldn't clear most sleeping policemen.

I can't help thinking the OP must have measured something wrong - I'd suggest taking a reading to the roof height (or any other reference) given in the link to the specification that C1800 has provided above.

The shock absorbers and anti-roll bars will not affect the ride height OP. I'm not sure lowering cars ever makes much sense (but that is a personal view) - but that is up to you OP. Did you take any measurements of the ride height before you fitted the 40mm shorter springs?

Some photos would help to envisage the problem OP.

:-)

Alan
Thanks for comments Alan
I'm not suggesting shocks and ARB affect ride height I'm asking if at 90mm drop I need to consider adjustable ARB and shorter shocks, I chose 40mm as I believe its lowest you can go without needing to change anything else, I'm happy with ride height and it rides significantly better around corners ( that could just be new springs Vs old tired springs) something does not add up and my engineer's brain won't quit until I have an answer
Rustinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustinmotion For This Useful Post: