View Single Post
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 20:00   #39
duke1
mad mechanic

Default small problem,question!

hi all ive not posted in a while as the car has been great since i finished the work most in need of doing,playing catch up now with the last odds and sods,i tackled the baggy headlining after a lot of thought i decided against trying to detach it entirely due to very brittle plastics that snap at any sign of pressure i came up with a cunning plan!
so simple it seems dumb not to try it,all i done was get a syringe full of thin contact adhesive and inject it through the cloth and squirt a few mls every couple of inches support using a sheet of plywood and a couple of broom handles and after a few cups of tea and some lunch all is set and no longer baggy and the cloth looks as good as ever!
next job i found the other day when under the car is the big clamp that holds the fuel filler neck to the fuel tank has severe rust and is split right down the middle both sides,ive no idea whats holding it on and typical i just filled it to the top so now think i have to drain it to fit the clamp but am wondering does it have a seal of any kind ?this is what im talking about,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l300 tank clamp volvo.jpg (8.1 KB, 11 views)