View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 11:27   #42
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Taking things in order!

To summarise, we have done air filter lambda sensor (supplied by Trust Car Parts who used to be Braydon, so it MUST be right) Distributor cap rotor arm HT leads and plugs.

We have not done the rear temperature sensor, Steve at Trust says they hardly ever fail. We have not done the AMM yet even though I have one spare.

We are aiming for the injectors. This is because she is a bit lumpy on first cold start. I'm sure I have a spare set somewhere but I cannot find them. Neatly in a sort of tupperware box - but can I find the box? There used to be a member who reconditioned them. Is he still about? Has anyone got a good spare set?

Garage says "general wear and tear" might be the problem but that is nonsense IMHO. I am however insisting that he checks the compressions.

Many thanks for the code reader diagram. I shall now google for the actual codes.

Exhaust leak should have shown up on MoT, even if only an advisory.

I have not had a chance to give her a good run to see if the lambda light comes on again - she just decided she needed a new lower driver side (right hand side) balljoint)
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post: