Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21st, 2022, 01:22   #2136
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleBoy View Post
Well, today I failed to purchase H367GEW for £1200, but someone else did, having jumped the queue while I was scraping up the cash. And yeah, it had to be cash....

Goes to prove reasonably priced cars are out there, and they don't hang about.
Bit of a bummer but if the seller was that inflexible and didn't have the integrity to accept your offer and hold it while you rustled up the funds then it calls into question his overall treatment of the car - general lack of sympathy suggests it probably hasn't been well looked after and he was only after the oney, not seeking a good continued home as well.

Think you may have dodged a bullet there! In fact, looking only at the very recent MoT history, i'm fairly sure of it!

H367GEW VOLVO 240

Check another vehicle
Colour Red
Fuel type Petrol
Date registered 7 March 1991
MOT valid until 16 April 2023

Get an MOT reminderwhen the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal. (Opens in a new Window) by email or text.
If you think the MOT expiry date or any of the vehicle details are wrong, contact DVSA.

Check mileage recorded at test, MOT expiry date, defects and advisories, and view test certificate
Date tested 1 April 2022
Pass
View test certificate
Mileage 152,041 miles
MOT test number 5239 6855 3783
Test location
View test location
Expiry date 16 April 2023
Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

Nearside Rear Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Nearside Front Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Shock absorbers has light misting of oil (5.3.2 (b))
Exhaust mounting defective (6.1.2 (a))

What are advisories?
Date tested 24 March 2022
Fail
View test certificate
Mileage 152,034 miles
MOT test number 2273 3148 8235
Test location
View test location
Repair immediately (major defects):

Offside Front Steering rack gaiter missing or no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (2.1.3 (g) (ii))

Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):

Nearside Rear Registration plate lamp inoperative in the case of multiple lamps or light sources (4.7.1 (b) (i))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Nearside Front Suspension arm ball joint has slight play (5.3.4 (a) (i))
Offside Rear Shock absorbers has light misting of oil (5.3.2 (b))
Exhaust mounting defective (6.1.2 (a))

Going further back, it appears to have been run on a shoestring for many years with only the bare minimum repairs for the MoT carried out year on year.

Breathe a sigh of relief, stash your funds somewhere handy (but safe) and a better car will no doubt turn up soon!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: