View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 09:42   #7
ThomasC91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradoc1 View Post
I had a 2019 V60 and managed to devour 3 windscreens in the space of about 2 years. A common factor was that they were all hit by a stone at the very edge of the screen and the screens were heated. This leads me to wonder whether heated screens are not as strong as non-heated due to the element. Quite an expensive exercise !
Mines not heated so not sure about correlation. I have HUD.

Crack seems to start top edge of my radar system on mine which leads me to believe it wasn't the dash cam that did it, but a stone a couple of days prior and I've just noticed it when it has got bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston1 View Post
It's frustrating.

My last company car (BMW 5 tourer) went through three screens in less than two months. On the last occasion, I had picked it up from receiving a new screen at Autoglass, only to drive five miles before another stone flew up from a lorry and hit the very top edge of the windscreen. It wasn't a big stone either - the chip on the screen edge was minute but it was enough to cause a crack to develop over the next 24 hours.

I was just relieved that it was a company car and all three screens were covered!
That's a relief. Yes, very frustrating!

They can't fit it until after the bank holiday weekend so I'm going to risk it. They got to order Volvo glass in as I don't want non volvo

It doesn't obscure my view at present and the crack, at the minute, is following the passenger side. Hoping it doesn't crack anymore and will just have to be careful on my trip.

I have emailed my insurance to see what they advise about driving it.
ThomasC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasC91 For This Useful Post: