Thread: Engine: D5244: - Quick MAF question
View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2022, 13:19   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Harding View Post
VIDA allows you to calibrate a new MAF sensor. I haven't run it for two reasons - 1) my sensor is still the original and 2) I don't want to foul up a working system.

However I have been having occasional MAF output too high notifications and using the diagnostics have seen this to be the case, in spite of repeated cleaning.

If I run the cal routine, will it cause any issues?

Thanks in advance
In all my life working on volvos I have never known of Calibrating any air mass meter , That is done in the factory with a known air flow and comparing it with the output voltage . I cant see what you would calibrate it with anyway? It is not in VIDA instructions for fitting a new air mass meter and I have just spent 20 minutes trying to find it under diagnosis.
cleaning an air mass meter could be an £350 expensive mistake I have seen 2 destroyed by people doing this . Ask yourself how could it possibly get dirty? It is fed by ultra clean filtered air , and the inside of the air filter housing down stream of the air filter is always as clean as new. hot wire or the later ceramic ones burn off any deposits when you turn the ignition off.