View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 20:06   #32
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
I don't do French ever .... since I bought a brand new Peugeot 506 Familiale (multi-seat estate) in 1980 just a few months after their introduction and at a time when Peugeot had just bought out Chrysler UK.

It was a total disaster enginewise and other eccentric 'things'. I should have got shot of it from the outset as being of unmerchantable quality!!

.... and that's all I have to say on that subject!!

Bob
I'm amazed it wasn't also riddled with tinworm too Bob. I saw many cars at a Pug dealers in the early 80s covered in French "worm de tin" and they were fresh off the transporters so brand new. Laater i worked at said dealers and even then there were 205s, 306s, 406s etc all being delivered from the factory with worm de tin already a feature.

As for the engines, electrics, general design, brakes - just the tip of the iceberg in woefully bad stuff! Wouldn't give one driveway space!

Put another way, you and i seem to be out of the same mould regarding French engineering, that's why even i am mazed at recommending the Bougicord leads!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote