Thread: V70: Engine - Plummeting fuel consumption
View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2022, 22:23   #26
uknowiama

Who would of thought a simple comment of what I thought most people did when filling up would cause further debate…

Just got back from France since first brimming tank in UK before departing. And filling up a further 3 times. I did not reset the trips T1 nor T2. Nor reset the average mpg calculator.

99% Motorway / Autoroute. 130 kmh in France where allowed. Journey out and in - each taking approx 16 hours door (South Wales) to door (Aix-en-provence) = avg 40.8. I learnt the trips only go as high as 999 then start again

Take point about instant mpg to see any issues - i.e car don’t feel right - not as torquey - type situation - see excessive mpg to back up thoughts.

Will also use miles per tank achieved and type of driving done (I'm the only driver) as an idea to current health of car / engine.

I will probably continue to reset trips and mpg with each tank - am creature of habit.

Am aware mpg from computer isn't as accurate as manual calcs brim tank to brim tank. So holiday mpg is prob 39 mpg? Given engine sat at 2300 rpm for hours at a time. I thinks shows healthy.

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote