View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2022, 11:35   #1
Bru90

Default V70 headlight advice

Hello everyone

I’m looking for some advice on replacing the drivers side (RHD) headlamp as I am getting confused and don’t want to buy the wrong one. I’ve tried buffing and polishing it but it’s so badly fogged it didn’t make any improvement and the previous owner replaced the passenger side so the car looks like it’s got either a black eye or cataract.

The car is a 2006 V70 D5 SE - it’s quite a high spec but doesn’t have xenon - uses halogen.

It has the typical switch in the cabin for adjusting the headlight level (but doesn’t every car?)

When looking at the adverts I am getting confused between the specifications. Some say non-motor, or motor variant, or motor variant but motor not included.

As the headlights are adjustable from the interior switch do I need one with a motor? ( reason I am getting confused is because I thought all V70s had this capability and then couldn’t work out why you could buy headlights which didn’t use a motor and now I am wondering if that motor is in fact for xenon headlamps instead which I don’t have. ) I hope that makes sense.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can post the VIN if that would help.

If it turns out I need the motorised version, can I buy a version which doesn’t come with a motor and swap it out for the one on the existing headlamp?

Any advice on where to get one from too would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Bru90 is offline   Reply With Quote