View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2022, 20:40   #32
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread here, but it may be of interest to some people.

I had a nail in my tyre causing a slow puncture. With a long trip planned the following day I decided to call in to my local Volvo dealer without an appointment, and not a dealer who I normally use, just to see if they could help. The car was taken into the workshop straight away and the tyre was repairable (unlike the last puncture I had). Service from the dealer was excellent even though they were quite busy.

My tyres have the acoustic foam inside, and whilst repairable, the replacement of the foam is not covered by the 'free puncture repair' offered by Volvo. The cost of the new foam is £40 - which is still considerably cheaper than a new tyre, so I'm not complaining. You can't opt not to have the foam replaced - apparently it must be replaced if originally fitted to the tyre.

Anyway, puncture repair was successful and I've had no problems with the tyre since the repair, just bear in mind the replacement foam cost if your car has acoustic tyres fitted.

Why did the foam need to be replaced?? It’s literally a band of standard foam stuck to the flat surface on the inside of the tyre. Sounds like bs to me from the dealer!