View Single Post
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 15:10   #1
Bromie

Default Which Premium Sound amplifier is compatible?

Hi,

This is following on from my first thread related to upgrading with aftermarket parts: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326513

I've been doing some digging into potential audio upgrades with OEM parts, and the one area i'm struggling with is the amplifier.

Is there a way of determining the exact model of amplifier(s) that would be compatible with my specific car? I am looking to upgrade with the Premium Sound amplifier, and i know that there may be further software required to get the car to accept the part. The only problem is that there seem to be a thousand different model numbers for this part and i have no way of knowing -- if my car had originally been specced with Premium Sound -- what model would have been fitted?

The speakers seem mostly available, although i'm curious if anyone has information about the difference across the model years. It seems that the switch from Dynaudio to Harman Kardon made some difference, but are there any recommendations as to the 'better' version/model numbers i should be looking for?

Many thanks in advance, Dan.

Last edited by Bromie; Nov 3rd, 2022 at 15:34.
Bromie is offline   Reply With Quote