Thread: ERAD fault
View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 19:52   #20
IainG
Premier Member

Hi
Surely with a car that age (full service history???) Volvo should cover it or at the very least cover the majority with a goodwill gesture. Wasn't there mention on here previously Volvo were covering ERAD's for 4? or 5? years??

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh770 View Post
Hi guys,

Please help, I have a 2019 Volvo xc90 inscription pro and it was juddering (shaking) at like 5-10mph and 40-50mph, I got the turtle come up on the dash limiting my speed, and I took the car to Paul rigby Volvo in Birmingham, they said the issue is with ERADً (electric rear axle drive) and I need an ERAD transmission, Erad motor and erad inverter replacing, is that all one thing and they are making it sound bigger than what it is, they said £7452.15 for parts and £1024 (ex vat) for labour, coming to a total of £8680.95 for the work, which I think is insane, also my adaptive lights came up with an error and they said they want £1631 to replace them and £184.32 (ex vat) for labour. The total cost for both inc labour and vat came to £10,664.58 inc vat, can someone knowledgable tell me if they are having me on please because this seems insane!