View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 00:39   #27
Rustyfrog
Grumpy Pond Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
Sorry no offence intended, what I really meant was the S & V's have such a great overall experience to them he should considered staying in the club rather than go Tonka, an XC60 or XC90 mind you makes this a closer run thing.

It kinda depends on what use it's going to have, if they just want an upmarket shopping trolley then an XC40 will excel, I'm bias cos I've always been a big car guy anyway, both big or small vehicles have their own strengths it's just if he's used to a V90 he's gonna feel like there has been cutbacks in what he's used to not meaning any less quality as such.
I would miss the V90, but the time is right for a change.
We used the V90 to tow a caravan, which it did well, and the space with seats folded was brilliant.
The caravan has gone, and journeys have got shorter. So the diesel has to go.
As far as being used to a big car, yes I would probably miss it as I had two biggish cars before the V90. Both being Jag XF's.
My wife had a V40, which we have now sold, as we no longer need two cars. Problem is she is frightened by the size of the V90 and wont climb into the driving seat.
We both liked the XC40. So, as long as i can find one with most of the spec. we have at the mo., I wont miss it too much.

.................................................. ..
I thought that growing old would take a little longer
Rustyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyfrog For This Useful Post: