View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 10:04   #23
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilgorin View Post
The door trims, adjusters for the seat belts, and parts of the dash rattled continually on my V60 from new. The parcel shelf also rattles if left hanging down but not if rolled back but clipped "up" to sit near horizontal.

Dealer tried but failed to repair the door and dash rattles.

I had my wife drive the car whilst I pushed and pulled all the bits of trim until I found where you had to push to stop it. I then soaked those areas with a silicon spray lubricant and used the excess to polish the plastics.

Stopped it totally for quite some time. A fresh spray every now and again when any noises come back stops it again.

The plastics on these just clip together, on the earlier V70 / V50 models I had there were bits of foam behind some clip on parts, but not on the V60 (cost cutting I believe) and so there is more plastic to plastic contact which the silicon spray eliminates by causing slip.
Unfortunately dealers will only pursue such issues if the customer is insistent and repeatedly so.

On expensive cars they shouldn't rattle, period, but its up to the customer to badger the hell out of the dealer to sort.

On my previous S90 I had the drivers door card, plus both rear seat belt upper covers replaced as they couldn't fix rattles, the replacements work.

Keep on at the dealer, they get paid to fix this stuff, you shouldn't have to fix or put up with it.