Thread: D5254T (to 2002, Audi) - 190k lots of life left?
View Single Post
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 20:43   #5
Martin Cox
VOC Member

My V70 TDi is the automatic version and so it will be a bit thirstier than the equivalent manual. The very worst fuel consumption figure I ever had was 26 mpg and that was whilst my som was moving flats. It was a week of cold starts followed very short journeys in heavy town traffic whilst heavily laden. Most of the time it does about 38mpg where the usual journey is about 10 miles of light town traffic and semi rural roads. On a long run 40 - 42 mpg is no problem - better if it's just been serviced. Best ever was on a trip from Rotterdam to the far north of Denmark averaging 45mpg: this with speeds about 70 - 80 mph and in the high 90s on the German autobahns.

These figures are actual measured ones rather than the ones shown by the info centre which tend to be a bit optimistic

It's fed an unremitting diet of Tesco diesel except for when we're abroad when it usually seems to be Aral or european supermarket fuels

Good fuel consumption does seem to be quite dependant on the injection pump dynamic timing being set correctly. if it's off, the consumption will suffer.

Hope this helps

Martin
Martin Cox is offline   Reply With Quote