View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 08:36   #19
KeithR56

When I purchased my XC40 in January this year, I asked the salesman about having wireless charging and Apple Car Play fitted. He advised me not to bother if I had a late model iPhone because they have lots of problems. So your problem could be compatibility between your phone and the car’s software, especially as your phone is newer than the car. Volvo can’t be expected to allow for software that Apple might add to their phones in the future, but the updates should have it covered.

I have a MY22 B4. I don’t know if my infotainment system is any different from yours. I use Bluetooth to connect my iPhone 12 Pro (which it doesn’t always find 100% of the time), but I have all of the music I want to play on a USB stick so no connection problems there. I very rarely use my phone in the car anyway. I’m of that generation who wouldn’t miss it if I didn’t have it.

The dealerships are only as good as the people who work there. As has already been suggested you could try another if there is another near you to try. They might have someone on their team who’s into all this tech and up for the challenge.

Finally, if you haven’t already, you could try asking Volvo using the “contact us” feature on the phone app. I used it when I couldn’t get my car to receive text messages and I found them to be extremely helpful.